The HCA “Earn While You Learn” Resident/Fellow Stipend Program
HCA offers residents and fellows in selected medical specialties the opportunity to earn money now - while in training - through the HCA "Earn While You Learn" Resident/Fellow Stipend Program.
Interested? Check out these Stipend Policies and Procedures and Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note: You must have completed the first year of your residency to be considered for the program.
Benefits To You
For the resident or fellow who meets the criteria and is selected as a stipend recipient, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Monthly financial assistance while you are in training
- Stipend funds are forgiven provided you serve on active medical staff at an HCA affiliated Hospital for two (2) years
- No extra duty/call related requirements - not while in training and not while in practice
- You are not required to be employed by HCA
- You can go anywhere in the US where there is an HCA hospital and a demonstrated need for your specialty
- You are still eligible to receive a Recruiting Agreement (Income and Overhead Guarantee) or an employment agreement